Balmoral and Middle Harbour Sun 4th

dacosta74

Dead as a dodo. Really disappointing as everything seemed right, big tide in the morning, lovely weather.

Hired a tinny, trolled Xraps up and down for 1.5 hours of the outgoing tide, tried through the boats, tried along the naval base markers, tried down the middle - not a single touch. Saw the bait getting smashed against the naval dock - way out of reach behind the exclusion zone.

Headed fish the edge of the big hole near Chinamans - fishing soft plastics, not a nibble. Oh, apart from catching the daft woman kayaking. She had caught a crab pot under her rudder and was towing it obvliously, and then caught my mates line - for about 10 secs he thought he'd hooked a king ha ha. Dream on. Anyway, in the interest of the crabber we called her over and freed his pot.

Then trolled xraps through Clontarf boats, over the big hole by the Spit Bridge. Nothing.

Anchored the other side fishing plastics back toward the bridge - tide pulling fairly hard. Tried there because the week before I had pulled out two flathead land based. But alas, nothing again.

Back to Balmoral for the last 10mins to try for flathead among the boats, plastics, again nothing.

You can see a theme developing right? So frustrating.

But that's fishing. I'll no doubt be back out in the next week or so, land or tinny, just as eager, just as sure that this trip is going to be 'the' trip!

If anyone else was fishing those areas, I'd be interested to know if you were catching much, or whether it was just us.

Tight lines.