Strange Conversation at the Servo

fragmeister

Hi Raiders,

I guess with all the Christmas cheer, late nights and general excess a man can be excused a little confusion.

I had just pulled into the servo to get some ice on my way to Watson's Bay to watch the fireworks.

It was about 2pm on New Years eve but the road closures mean you have to get in early.

We only stay for the 9:00 fireworks and then head home to welcome in the new year.

Anyway, I filled up the tank, went to the counter and asked for a bag of ice. In the mean time my wife had grabbed a Calipo Ice block from the fridge and stuck it on the counter.

I saw that and told the guy behind the counter I would grab another one for myself which I did. On the way my wife passed me and said " I'll grab the ice.

I went back and paid for the the Ice and Calipos.

"Do you want a bag?" the cashier asked

" No thanks" I said and he handed me the two Callipos, looked at them as he placed them in my hand, looked at me, smiled and said " Nice on the pallete"

" Not bad" I said a little bemused.

As I walked away I thought that was a little odd... I mean Calipos are quite tasty but after all its only an ice block not a bottle of Grange!

Perhaps he was a wine taster in his spare time.

Perhaps he was a foodie ... is Master Chef starting again soon?

Perhaps a new marketing ploy... taking the Calipo up market.

Very odd!

Most amused and surprised I jumped into the car and related the story to the missus who near wet herself as I explained what had transpired.

That done we continued on our merry way and it wasn't until a break in the conversation that it dawned on her and she said....

ICE on the Pallet ...

Being New Years eve, my servo had stocked up big on ice and as many servos do, it was stored on a pallet with a reflective blanket over it because there is not enough room in the freezer.

She got the ice so I didn't see that.

Still it was very funny and gave my another story to tell into the New Year.

Cheers

Jim

Edited by fragmeister

• 1 month later...