Using multiple gift cards on line

GreyNurse

Hi raiders,

Just a heads up for those of you who may have recieved gift cards for Christmas. This pertains my experience with <<UN-NAMED TACKLE STORE>> gift cards.

So santa brought me a couple of $50 gift cards from <<UN-NAMED TACKLE STORE>>. I had my eye on a new ABU baitcasting combo, valued at $149, plus freight, as they are not in the stores yet. Another $100 card arrived for my birthday and I wasted no time when I arrived home from work to place the on line order.

I started processing the request and when asked which method of payment, I selected "Gift Card". I filled in the details for the $100 card and submitted it. The next web page confirmed I still had another $64 to pay and asked me to select another method of payment. Naturally I selected "Gift card" again, but that's when I ran into the problem. You cannot use multiple gift cards on one item. There is a notice posted on the <<UN-NAMED TACKLE STORE>> advising this, but I only found it by googling the subject matter. There's no forwarning of the situation. Now, this may not be exclusive to <<UN-NAMED TACKLE STORE>>, so I'm not going to single them out.

The good news is that there is a work around. I trotted down to the Bankstown store, approached the young lass serving behind the counter and explained my plight. I asked if perhaps I could use the cards in store and have the store place the order on my behalf. After thinking about this, she was about to get the manager, but then she asked if I had the cards on me. I told her yes, and she asked if I would be happy if she swapped out the three cards for one to the value of the $200. That worked for me!. Back home again, placed the order on line and I'm now excitedly awaiting delivery. Good store service, good result. Now <<UN-NAMED TACKLE STORE>> just need to get their webmaster on the job to tweak the order page so others don't have my problem.

Hey bro... Unintentional I know but there was a lot of tackle store advertising in this post. I've editted it to comply with our rules.

No probs. I stand corrected.

My main aim was to praise the staff on the floor. It's good when an establishment has staff that can come up with a contingency for what appears to be a "no win" situation. The lass in question can feel she made a positive difference to someone's day. That's got to be a reward in itself.

You don't always expect the larger tackle stores to come up with the same good customer service as the small ones, but in this case, they did, as far as I was concerned. I'll keep shopping there..... and at my local guy, of course!