Brisbane Water 10-11/01/2015

Belligero

10/01/15

Headed out from Pretty Beach with fellow raider Hooked 58 to try our luck around Brisbane Waters.

Although the weather was nice and clear the fish were really shut down with the pressure showing 1010 so I didn't expect much to be happening.

We tried drifting numerous spots around the bridge with nothing other than squid to show for it.

After a few hours we decided to start a drift around paddy’s channel. I managed to hook up a 66cm flattie (Nuke chicken 5" shad) and heaps more squid (Yamashita 3.0 pink). Greg got his first ever flattie on an SP coming in at 40cm. I picked up another 40cm flattie too.

After the tide change things seemed to shut down so we called it a day.

11/01/15

I took my boat out yesterday to chase squid even though it was hammering down with rain. It was so heavy at times I couldn't even see the Rip Bridge! The wind and incoming tide created a great drift from the bridge right down to the right hand turn down to paddy’s.

My fiances cousin was trying SP's for the first time and loving it. Tailor were demolishing the plastics but never hooking up. One took a liking to my squid jig too.

Picked up another 3 decent sized squid so called it a day after that.

Keen to do it all again next weekend!

post-24014-0-17244100-1421014159_thumb.jpg

Yeah, great day on the water the other day even though it was a slow start! Even better that I got my first fish on a soft plastic.

You are keen to be out in such weather mate. Thats dedication for you!!! lol

I will be hanging out to go again next weekend. I have been going out 2-3 times per week over the last month whilst on holidays and now it is back to weekends only.

Yeah, great day on the water the other day even though it was a slow start! Even better that I got my first fish on a soft plastic.

You are keen to be out in such weather mate. Thats dedication for you!!! lol

I will be hanging out to go again next weekend. I have been going out 2-3 times per week over the last month whilst on holidays and now it is back to weekends only.

If you want to head out Saturday I should be right to go. The swell looks way to rough to go outside though.

Hopefully getting thurs / friday off so will give me a chance to do some work on the boat.

I will send you a PM as I am not sure if my father will be visiting from QLD. Netherless, I am keen to go out again!!

Yeah no problem!

Hey Dude,

Nice Catch.

Didnt know your in QLD now.

Hey Yi!

I'm still in NSW and still working at BOC. Not on level 3 anymore though.

Hope your doing well.