Need paper charts/maps

spaners

Hi all.Got pulled over the other day just outside Swansea Heads by MSB or whatever they are called this week.I was told that I have to get some paper charts/maps or next time its a $100.00 fine.That big boating and camping store don't sell them,Freddie's don't sell them either.Anyone know where I can get them and what do I need.Can you get one for NSW or do I need one for every area ie Box Head and out to the Fads,Swansea and out to the Fads,Box Head to Long Reef etc.

Regards Stu.

I was in the same boat ( no pun intended) and couldn't get one at the chandlers. Maritime and rta are now combined. Unfortunately not all rta offices hold stock but some do. ( I live in Cronulla and had to go to engadine) the towns that had a maritime office seem to have merged staff and stock. .

From memory mine were $10-15 each.

Give your local rta office a call and they may be able to advise where the nearest is.

I bought a book on the NSW coast, full maps, from Whitworths. It comes complete with a waterproof sleeve

Our Marina has the maritime boats in it, spoke to one of the officers in regards to the book, he told me if I have that on board they are happy.

It wasn't cheap, but a lot easier than having a seperate map for each area, if you travel up and down the coast, or various bays etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD