Gday

Have just bought Telcobrokers boat and need some input on Insurance etc

Who do you reckon the best insurer is for boats

Does anyone know of a good quality boat cover supplier/ maker

Cheers

Boppa

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Nice one Boppa! Very jealous mate, looks like a nice outfit :thumbup:

There was a thread re insurance some time ago and I seem to remember that Club marine got a lot of good posts. I was with NRMA on my previous 2 boats claimed once and they paid up even after the diagnosis was wear and tear. Long story but they looked after me.

EDIT: Should mention that I look after them every month for 2 cars, & household and others..

Edited by MarkD

GIO beat everyone hands down for me Boppa, by a significant margin as well, and without me having to ask for a better price. Agreed value as well.

They would be on my list to call after you have done a little shopping beforehand to get an approx. price.

Stevo got some great covers done for the Poly from:

Mid West Marine Trimmers P/L

Greystanes NSW 2145

ph: (02) 9604 3514

he was really pleased with the result despite the initial cost. Fully trailerable covers are not cheap but worth it.

Cheers

Byron

Boppa, i just had a full set of covers made by the guy at church point, a real gentleman, price competitive and he went back to fix a problem with zero whinging or delay. Good job and i would use him again, some of the more expensive yacht importers use him to do the work for them. His name is John 0414796162.

Gday Boppa, congrats on your buy.

Dont know how much a custom cover is but ive got a Stearns trailerable cover from Bias Boating. Its a heavy duty cover complete with tiedowns and trailer straps. An option if you dont want to wait to get one custom made. $360 for your boat mate.

Gday Boppa, congrats on your buy.

Dont know how much a custom cover is but ive got a Stearns trailerable cover from Bias Boating. Its a heavy duty cover complete with tiedowns and trailer straps. An option if you dont want to wait to get one custom made. $360 for your boat mate.

As for insurance im with Club Marine but will get a quote from GIO by the sound of things...

Never NRMA but only because they are wrecking the auto industry. :ranting2:

GIO is the cheapest but I didnt get it because they do not insure your boat unless it is stored inside your property.

Mine lives out the front on the street and Club Marine were the only ones who would cover it, otherwise it would have been GIO.

:biggrin2: