Entrance Flatties

FishingGuy

Hey Raiders,

Sorry for the late report but here it goes. Hit The Entrance on Saturday to try catch some Bream or Flathead. Tried the usual spot for Squid but got nothing. Headed over to my Flattie spot and setup by 7PM. Some guys were leaving and from what I saw caught a good Flounder. The bite was very quiet up until about 11PM when I started to pack up, when my dad manages to pull out a nice 38cm model. I quickly re-rig my rod and start fishing around some structure.

15 Mins later and my dad is on again, this time a 42cm model. Soon after I manage to hook up but get my rod stuck in some low lying trees and the fish spat the hook. After that we ran out of Prawns so switched over to chopped up pillies. Got one good hit but no hook up. Through in an unweighted pillie and managed a small Bream, he went back to grow bigger. Packed up by 12:15AM due to the southerly. All in all a good days fishing.

Cheers,

FishingGuy

post-33871-0-73897600-1421647498_thumb.jpg

ha mate i didnt know u could catch squid at the entrance if u dont mind asking where abouts is your lucky spot

p-s hope your dad didnt rub it in about catching only legal fish

Haha, got an ear full from him on the way back to Sydney. I sent you a PM mate.

Cheers,

FishingGuy

i think we are dying to find out where you can catch squid in the enterace. We also have a holiday home up there and often when we go prawning you see small squid as well, but i never thought that the lake could hold actual large squid populations.