Port jackson babies

gianniz

I've got a predator aquarium and been looking for Pj baby or similar small shark.

I know you can buy them from aquariums time to time but I don't have a spare kidney to sell for it :)

Any fisho caught a small one recently (below 30cm??) and if so where so I can spare my kidney lol.

Cheers,

Mark

Do you have a 1000 gallon tank?

Bro... you do realise they grow to 1.5meters+ right?

Specs:

Minimum Tank Size: 1000 gallons Care Level: Expert Only Temperament: Peaceful Reef Compatible: No Water Conditions: dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.020-1.025, 57-70° F Max. Size: 5' Diet: Carnivore Compatibility: View Chart Origin: Australia Family: Heterodontidae

Also $750... I wouldn't take one out of the wild.

sure I know they grow big as I played with the monsters when I dive.

They are pretty slow grower in tank and when it gets too big, there are plenty of huge aquarium owners I can donate to. Eg my mate aka lucky bastard with a 7metre wall tank with school sharks!

Oh don't worry I'm an expert aquarist :)

cameldownunder,

which tank you want a pic of :) got 4, though not for yakka.

I did setup my friend with a simple 4 foot tank for livies for the same reason as you.

With livie tank, it's quite simple and cheap to setup.

I got all secondhand stuff and it cost me roughly $200 for the setup.

He has poddies, yakkas, cuttlefish, squid (though squid failed as it kept biting off the fish head lol.

For simplicity, get one of the all in one setup (one with filter on top) and an air pump (as cephalopods require lots of oxygen) and some live rocks. cycle for a month and your good to go.

Infact if you live near blacktown, I have a perfect setup sitting in my backyard which will work better then my mates (as I was going to set it up for myself but couldn't be bothered setting it up lol).

If you need more info, pm me.

cheers,

mark

haha chuck it mine....

post-16847-0-68427500-1421968842_thumb.jpgpost-16847-0-37657100-1421969182_thumb.jpgpost-16847-0-51565000-1421969195_thumb.jpg

My mate had a PJ in his tank, they are heaps destructive. Push their heads into crevices looking for inverts so you might get some rock avalanches which could result in scratched glass etc.

Have a look at a bamboo cat shark, they look awesome, are smaller then epaulette sharks and heaps more interesting. I could probably find you a snowflake or zebra moray for cheap. Would suit your tank perfectly, just make sure the lids shut tight lol.