Hawkesbury

fisho.sid

Guest stephanb79

I love fishing there for flatties but like central Coast 795 said its like hot chocolate and I haven't gor any lately must be due to the water after the rain

Guest stephanb79

Incorrect big low tides not rain

Ok is that what it is that makes it like chocolate ???? Big low tides!!!!!

Every time it rains and I go to my flathead spot I never catch (I'm only using plastics )

I went over Windsor bridge yesterday afternoon. The water is a foul colour, due to the muck that comes out of South Creek from the recent rain. I also went over Sackville Ferry and the tide was very high and the water very brown. I continued down to Wisemans to drop off some programs at school and the water there is also discoloured. This discolouration will travel down the river and have an effect upon the fishing. :ranting2:

Guest stephanb79

I went over Windsor bridge yesterday afternoon. The water is a foul colour, due to the muck that comes out of South Creek from the recent rain. I also went over Sackville Ferry and the tide was very high and the water very brown. I continued down to Wisemans to drop off some programs at school and the water there is also discoloured. This discolouration will travel down the river and have an effect upon the fishing. :ranting2:

now is that from tides or rain I think its from the rain we had not from the tides ????

Guest stephanb79

Mate let me assure you it's tide.

There are 7 water quality testers in the river and we experience this every fortnight. Salinity levels are extremely high and only lower on the low tides.

ok cool thanks for that info I understand now all this time I thought it was from the rain .lol

I drifted the north side of lion island last saturday for 7 flathead between 45-55cm in about 2 hours, then went to chase a school of tailor busting up.

i also head an old bloke who was at the boat ramp that there are a lot of good dewies being caught in there atm???