Botany bay today

Xsite

Hi Raider,

What a busy day at the bay, no parking from 8 am at fore shore ramp, end up launching boat at cooks river ramp and walk 10 min for parking,

Pretty slow day, plenty boat in the bay, we end up with a nice feed of calamari only, cant find any yellowtail at all. saw a lot of dolphin at Kurnell.

Went back to ramp after lunch and waited for 20 min to retrieve boat,

Very frustrating when two well built bloke drive straight to ramp, reverse trailer down and start to unpack which took 10 minute, then stay still to talk on phone for another five in the ramp and hold other up.

I don't understand some people is so inconsiderate of other ( note that they had children with them so good luck to their child growing up to be nice people), No one confront these two so I kelp my mouth shut too

Hi Raider,

What a busy day at the bay, no parking from 8 am at fore shore ramp, end up launching boat at cooks river ramp and walk 10 min for parking,

Pretty slow day, plenty boat in the bay, we end up with a nice feed of calamari only, cant find any yellowtail at all. saw a lot of dolphin at Kurnell.

Went back to ramp after lunch and waited for 20 min to retrieve boat,

Very frustrating when two well built bloke drive straight to ramp, reverse trailer down and start to unpack which took 10 minute, then stay still to talk on phone for another five in the ramp and hold other up.

I don't understand some people is so inconsiderate of other ( note that they had children with them so good luck to their child growing up to be nice people), No one confront these two so I kelp my mouth shut too

Week end fishing and boat ramps are a pain this time of the year I am a member of St.George & Sutherland Shire Anglers Club which have there own boat ramp, fish cleaning tables toilets and secure parking and lots more if you more info check the website www.stgeorgeanglers.org.au or pm me cheers Garry

Edited by BUSTER 1

I was driving home from work at port botany at 06:30 and the foreshore ramp had signs outside saying it was full then ,with two boats pulled over on foreshore road waiting to get in.

I am another who prefers to fish mid week when the ramps are quiet, one advantage of being a shift worker.

Regards

Paddy

Well i must say, i was retrieving my boat from a ramp that i'm not familiar with. So after getting the trailer to the boat ramp, i had to get my boat which was tied to the pontoon about 20 meters away. So i get in the boat and drove it to my trailer, there was a bit of current so the boat was swaying a bit and having about 5 mins to get it aligned. All this time, a bloke came up to me and asked "if there anything wrong"?

I said "no, everything is ok" to which he replied "i was asking to see if you needed help?" to which i said "i'm sorry but thats not what you asked, was it?" i must admit, i can come across a bit rude but sometimes, i just wish people could respectfully wait patiently or ask the right question. WIth all the haste and stress going through me in trying to do this as fast as possible, the last thing i want is someone at the ramp breathing down my throat.

Mind you i was out of the water 1 min later after he confronted me, and it was all of 5 mins to get it out.

Seriously i know i'm not the fastest person to retrieve a boat but common courtesy would be great and i do appreciate the help but approach needs to be refined a little. My interpretation of that person was that he is impatient and obviously rubbed me off the wrong way.

Am i breaching any etiquette here?

Please inform me

Week end fishing and boat ramps are a pain this time of the year I am a member of St.George & Sutherland Shire Anglers Club which have there own boat ramp, fish cleaning tables toilets and secure parking and lots more if you more info check the website www.stgeorgeanglers.org.au or pm me cheers Garry

Hey Garry,

I'm thinking of joining St George. Is there always trailer parking available or can it get a bit busy sometimes too?

Cheers,

Bill.

Well i must say, i was retrieving my boat from a ramp that i'm not familiar with. So after getting the trailer to the boat ramp, i had to get my boat which was tied to the pontoon about 20 meters away. So i get in the boat and drove it to my trailer, there was a bit of current so the boat was swaying a bit and having about 5 mins to get it aligned. All this time, a bloke came up to me and asked "if there anything wrong"?

I said "no, everything is ok" to which he replied "i was asking to see if you needed help?" to which i said "i'm sorry but thats not what you asked, was it?" i must admit, i can come across a bit rude but sometimes, i just wish people could respectfully wait patiently or ask the right question. WIth all the haste and stress going through me in trying to do this as fast as possible, the last thing i want is someone at the ramp breathing down my throat.

Mind you i was out of the water 1 min later after he confronted me, and it was all of 5 mins to get it out.

Seriously i know i'm not the fastest person to retrieve a boat but common courtesy would be great and i do appreciate the help but approach needs to be refined a little. My interpretation of that person was that he is impatient and obviously rubbed me off the wrong way.

Am i breaching any etiquette here?

Please inform me

If you are on your own then it will take longer than if there are more to help

I dont think i can retrieve on my own so good on you

Being impatient is one thing , being an ass and think they are better than everyone else and have no respect to others or common sense is another thing

Thats frustrated me some times

Cheers

Hey Garry,

I'm thinking of joining St George. Is there always trailer parking available or can it get a bit busy sometimes too?

Cheers,

Bill.

Most times there is no waiting ,sometimes if there is a fishing comp on you may have to wait a few minutes ,but considering you can clean your fish wash your boat I think it's all good . If you would like to have a look around the club I would happy to show it to you, that goes for other Raiders also, pm me. Cheers Garry