31/01/2015 Brissy Waters

gregh1

Hi Raiders,

You never know what to expect when going fishing. Just because you caught a heap of fish a certain way doesn't necessarily mean you will replicate the same on another occasion. Last week I caught heaps of flatties on 4 inch nuclear chicken. Today I went to the same spot and didn't even get a touch with NC. I ended up catching a 54cm flattie on mullet so I get to eat fresh fish tonight! Sorry no pics this time!!

I have been trying to target blue swimmer crabs using a hand line with a birds nest and heavy lead. I went to the trouble of buying an extendable landing net 2.1m so I could get down deeper in case or should I say WHEN they fall off. I have lost many more than I have been able to catch. The smaller net I have just couldn't get under them and they kept letting go about a foot or more from the surface. Well, we still lost about 6 today but ended up getting 3 large keeper males and 1 release female. So the longer net appears to have made some difference.

We were out from 6.30am until 2pm and other than small throwbacks all fish and crabs were caught by 10am.

Another good day on the water! I would have liked to go again in the morning but the wife has plans for me. I will be hanging out until next weekend!!