hawkesbury river sat 31/1/15

brett davis

fished the river sat from 6am till 12 noon ,bar point to spencer

very quite two flathead 50 and 52 cm one blue swimmer crab

we were armed with 10 traps for the crabs and live poddy mullet

for the for the fish ,

told the mate we would clean up on crabs and fish but it was not to be

did anyone else have the same experience ,???

I put it down to too much fresh in the river

maybe we should of fished the front (flint and steel )

G'day Brett......similar..........fished Pittwater both mornings. Fish around for sure but we weren't good enough.

Highlight on Saturday was a 60cm flathead at Mackeral Beach, but that's pretty much it.......a just legal flounder & bream, and a huge bust off on a plastic after 1 minute and some massive head shakes.. zero crabs from 2 nets so you beat me there!

Kingfish everywhere both days, but couldn't entice them with live yakka or fresh bonito. Girl on boat next to us caught one - 70cm - on a pink K-Mart rod, frozen prawn.......took her 20 mins..........my live yakka had been 30 meters away all that time?????

I'll be back though!

Guest stephanb79

I am glad it just was not me than ,

might try the hacking or gorges net week

can not be any worse I hope

keep away from the hacking when it rain thats what ive been told away ???

i love fishing from bar point to spencer with plastics for flathead .... i think we have had some funny tides lately so i wonder if that was the problem..

i always come home with a good feed of flatties from there.. i love that spot .

i want to give st george basin ago for flatties

I've been fishing Berowra waters down to Gunya Point with Plastics for both bream and Mulloway including on 30th Jan, 1 Feb and 3 Feb. The fishing was better at the beginning with 3 bream and a bucket load of undersized flathead. Bar Point a big fat Zero each time, and Gunya point not much happening there either. I find the big spring tides in the Hawesbury very tricky so I tend to fish the feeder systems when these occur and my chances improve. I'm shocked by the lack of bream in the system.. We need the oyster men back on the river.