Crucis beach rods

cong

Has anyone got one of these to give some feedback on them?

I was in the shop to get a feel of penn prevail and aerowave for light beach fishing and came across one of these.

Seemed very nice and light at 10ft and rated 6-8kg. Also was a 12ft model but I find the extra length a bit cumbersome.

All I know is that they are made by Lox and their lighter spin sticks are highly rated for plastics fishing. Not much else on the web about them.

Thanks

I assume your talking about the surf 1026?

One of my favourite rods until a couple weekends ago until she broke!

The top section works itself loose after an hour of casting or so. I had to consistently check it was in the lower section tight. Obviously didn't check frequently enough and the top section came out on casting, snapping the rod at the join. I previously tried a few different methods to keep the join solid to no avail.

I don't know if this was just some strange issue with mine.

Im going to get another one regardless. They send my 40-70gm lures kilometres and have some grunt in them when you hook up something decent! Caught quite a few kingies and bonito off the rocks with it.

Unlucky dude with the rod breaking. I know what it feels like to have a rod snap on you.

Yep its the surf 1028 I was looking at.

What size reel do you have on yours? I was thinking of putting my old 4000 sedona on it but might be a but small.

• 2 weeks later...