Watson's Bay/Rose Bay 07/02/15

adamski

Evenin' Raiders,

Jumped on the ferry from Circular Quay this morning and wasn't really paying attention- it called in at Watson's Bay before Rose Bay. I decided to get off for a flick as I've never tried it before. Had a few casts from the beach at the wharf poles hoping for some bream, but nothing was interested. Next I moved round and tried along the rock wall past the baths. Saw a decent-sized trev, but he wasn't for taking my crabby. After a few casts I hooked a decent weight and saw a flash of bright yellowy green as I got the fish to the surface. Thought it might be a good sized jacket to take home, but no- it's a puffer fish. I'm not a trained sashimi chef, so no fugu this evening! :(

post-33473-0-27027000-1423301403_thumb.jpg

Moved around to the wharf once the tide came in and managed a pike, a yakka and (I think) a little grinner- bloody hideous looking thing! Pike and yakka were on a peppered prawn crabby and grinner came on a bloodworm wriggler. Stayed around for a while after, but couldn't get any more hits, so made a move and jumped on the ferry to Rose Bay, where there were loads of fish, but no big ones on the chew. I managed a tiny pinkie and baby whiting- both on crabbies, but the flatties weren't interested in any plastic (tried pretty much the whole repetoire of profiles and colours I had in my bag). Tried the channel along by the boat club at low tide later in the afternoon and met a nice chap who told me someone pulled out a 5 kg flattie down there a week or two ago. He was getting little tailor on a tiny metal lure. I got weed clumps on every cast. ;)

All in all, it was nice to get out in the sun (I'm a bit burnt now), but getting a bit sick of trying Rose Bay for only very occasional reward. I also really need to stop using crabbies, which just seem to get picked to pieces by toadies the whole time. They're costing me an arm and a leg!

Cheers for reading!

Nice one mate good to see you getting out on the water! Bad luck on the slim day but just makes the good sessions special!

You might have to come to the dark side and try out my zman grubZ no picker problems there [emoji14]

Keep it up man