Botany Bay for the first time.

Ryder

Hi Raiders,

For as long as I've lived and fished in Sydney, I had never been out on the bay until today.

Trevor ( Hawkesbass ) invited me, so I jumped at the chance.

We got to the ramp at Foreshore around 5.45am, there were heaps of boats waiting to go, and even a Marshall directing launches. Never seen that before.

We set out trolling past Molineux Pt, along the wall, and out to the headlands, for zip.

There were a few bust ups, but they weren't interested in the metals we threw at them.

Next we moved to the hot water outlet, chucking plastics and blades, again for nought

We moved back over to Molineux for a go at the Blackfish. We anchored up close to the wall/ bollards and got the berley going.

Trevor got the first on his first drift, followed by another soon after before I got in on the action.

We went fish for fish a while, we got 5 throwbacks,, dropped a few, busted off on a few others. Those fish certainly knew where the structure was. We called it around 1pm with 10 or so in the bag.

It was a perfect day to be out on the water and great to see the places I've read so much about

Thanks Trevor for my first day on the bay, the tour, oh and my first Blackfish from a boat.

Cheers

Ryder

post-33162-0-46186000-1423381404_thumb.jpgpost-33162-0-79245400-1423381505_thumb.jpg

Nice catch of fish there Ryder. Well done

I fish botany regularly and find the hot water outlets fire up on the last two hours of the run in tide which I think was around midday today.

I also find trolling around Cape banks and bare island out and around towards little bay a lot more productive than trollin in the bay.

Good to see you gave the bay a go as a lot of people write it off. It just needs some experimentation :)

Cheers mate, we did stick to the shore, Bare Island etc, out to Cape Banks. It just wasn't happening.

Trevor is not a novice.

For me it's so different to the harbour, so wide, with no natural rocky foreshore or outcrops apart from the headlands.

Trevor pointed out all the landbased spots along the way.

We crossed over and checked out Greenie and the other blackfish spot on the way back in.

Guest hawkesbass

It was a good day out.

Great company and great weather.

Not much was showing on the sounder bait wise around the headlands so the back up plan for the luderick was used.

Conditions wise it was alomst too calm for the pelagics around the headlands not much white water for the bait to hold in for cover.