Wow what a weekend.

Camo1808

Hey guys,

What a weekend with blessed with from the weather gods, First of all I absolutley love this site and have learnt so much from everyone and in which i am truly grateful. I have seen a lot of chatter from people lately saying people need to comment and post more not just read so I thought it is about time I give back and knowing we had such a ripper weekend I want to hear of everyones success.

Please comment and post your wins and losses of the weeknd, also want some photos.

Thanks guys

Lovely weekend weatherwise, but I'd like to abolish it from my memory.

I spent the weekend putting around offshore surrounded by free jumping Dollies hearing chatter of Marlin all over the place. As for me though however, didn't turn a reel. No pics. No stories, just a whole lot of sunburn and an empty wallet haha

Well, I didn't want to report as I had a very annoying day on the water Saturday. I headed out with my son in law for his first fishing adventure. The tide was just past low and beginning to run in. There was clound cover and a gently wind.

Now, I like the son in law. However, he didn't stop talking for the whole 6-7 hours we were out. Apart from saying things like "is that a bite on your rod" etc etc nothing seemed to distract him from talking. I vowed this would be the last time. Of course by the end of the session in my mind it was his fault we didn't get a good catch! lol

Anyway, It seemed to be the day of losing fish and crabs. I dropped about half a dozen blue swimmers within a couple of feet from the surface. I was also flicking my shimano catana graphite with a 3/8 jighead and 5 inch nuclear chicken. I didn't even get a touch the whole day which is unusual. I had another line out with mullet for bait and caught 2 x 36cm flatties which I released. I don't like keeping them unless they are at least over 40cm. We also caught around 6 pinkies all 20cm or under and released, 1 female blue swimmer released. I managed to get 1 decent blueswimmer to take home.

We came home and washed the boat and while I was driving the ute into the garage I accidentally snapped the top of the catana rod off. Keeping in mind this is the rod and reel I bought to replace the last shimano combo when I left it on the back rod holder of the boat and after coming in it was not there. So off I go to get yet another graphite for flicking soft plastics.

Just one of those days!!!

The weekend was interesting and frustrating. I fished nice and early (starting from before sunrise and fishing through the best of the morning) both Saturday and Sunday, both days were somewhat disappointing. My usual outside 'go to spots' seemed dead, the fish were there (I could see them all over the sounder) but I just couldn't get a bite out of them not matter what I tried Live baits, soft plastics, strip baits). In the end I managed a few blue spot flatties around the 40 cm mark, a good sized 65cm salmon a few rat kings and a keeper around the 80cm mark. The weather was great, but the fish seemed to have been shut down for me on the weekend.

I went out on Sunday afternoon to catch the tide change with fellow raider, CaptLukey, in his boat. Drifted the Georges River and tried a few holes and only managed one flattie and one bream, both snagged by CaptLukey. Water temperature was 24.5 and quite clear and very pleasant conditions.

After a 90 minute drive in crap traffic I got to gunnamatta bay with my daughter. She was just going for a swim while I flicked SPs but I made the mistake of warning her about little stingrays. She freaked out and would not swim unless holding my leg. After an hour of her sooking on the sand I gave in and took her home, fairly filthy that the session was cut short.

No worries - sunday was going to be on kayaks with my Dad. Except we couldnt get up there until 2pm and he and my sister had already been out and said there was nothing... so we just sat around the house instead.

Not a happy camper as a crap week at work made me really want to go out for a decent session

After a 90 minute drive in crap traffic I got to gunnamatta bay with my daughter. She was just going for a swim while I flicked SPs but I made the mistake of warning her about little stingrays. She freaked out and would not swim unless holding my leg. After an hour of her sooking on the sand I gave in and took her home, fairly filthy that the session was cut short.

No worries - sunday was going to be on kayaks with my Dad. Except we couldnt get up there until 2pm and he and my sister had already been out and said there was nothing... so we just sat around the house instead.

Not a happy camper as a crap week at work made me really want to go out for a decent session

I took my daughters out in Sans Souci to pump nippers and have a flick around for whiting. They were so excited and looking forward to the fishing and nipper hunting. Then one of the girls had something "sting" her ankle and what could have been a fun session with some fish ended up being cut short after about 30 minutes!!!

After a late call took the missus and youngest son out for boating/fishing around Botany Bay. Got to Port

Botany ramp around 9.30am and turned away due to car park being full. Plan B was Cooks River and all good.

Launched boat and headed out to flatty grounds off Maroubra.

Landed at least 30-40 flatties. All around 20-30cm.All obviously released.

Trolled a lure on the way back and picked up a bonito just at the heads around 50cm for sashimi.

Also I keeper flounder off Mollinou.

Pretty crappy fishing but nice day to be out.

Not worth taking picks.

Sound like we had a better day than others.

Cheers