Sounding off about Road Runner Parts !

NaClH2OK9

Raiders,

I wanted to put a couple of lines down with regards to my recent experience with Ian Bat and Road Runner Parts. One of “our” site sponsors.

At Christmas I decided to purchase a fusion sonic hub for my boat. Craig from Huett Marine had been talking about these at the last sounder social. And it seemed like sensible (desirable) choice to plug into my Simrad. As expected Craig offered a great price and even hit me with “they come with bluetooth and free speakers “ if you chose this bundle” ! sweet J

Unfortunately I have nowhere to fit flush mount (car door style) speakers so knew I needed to some box style or similar. Not having any experience with marine speakers but again remembering the social evening and seeing a marine stereo at road runner I dropped Ian Bat a PM asking if he dealt with these or could recommend something?

A quick too and fro of messages for Ian to understand the setup and I had a number of options were presented to me. All of this happened whilst Ian was leaving for a trip to China.

I was surprised that he was dealing direct (and didn’t delegate to Adrian) when he had so much on his plate but clearly servicing customers even with small purchases is something Ian takes very seriously.

Speakers were chosen GME SPK009W, with some encouragement from Ian that he had heard these perform and in his opinion were great quality for the cost. Realising that Road runner stock ALL GME products I also ordered an FM antenna (to match my existing VHF model). Adrian processed the order which coincided with Ian’s return from his travels.

I was advised that the parts were in and then, when arranging collection Ian advised that he would be in my area the following weekend which coincided with a family boat day. Slightly unusual but I took delivery on the water !! (Now you can’t get that service from a courier!!)

The speakers are now fitted and I’ve tested them side by side with the bundled Lowrance speakers.

TBH there is no comparison, the Lowrance are flat, distorted and clip at anything over 70% volume. The GME punch well above their weight and for the money (under $100 ) have a VERY good sound.

My point with this is not to try and advertise GME products, or to tell the world that I’ve got a funky stereo setup that meets my requirements and sourced at a great prices (though it is bloody good J ) ,

BUT to share how my experience with Ian and Road Runner left me with a confidence that I was dealing with a company that cared about meeting my needs, not just selling me stuff.

Ian has a no nonsense approach if something is not right for the customer. I’ve heard him say

“I don’t care why it’s wrong, I’m just going to fix it !”

If you only take a quick glance at the road runner website http://roadrunnerparts.com.au/Welcomeyou may miss just how much kit they stock, from full Entertainment, VHF and EPIRB’s through to terminal connectors and fuses and trailer parts.

Do yourself a favour and browse a little deeper on what he stocks.

You’ll be glad you did.

Steve

He has done right by you, Ive had the GME SPK006W speakers screwed to my ceiling for 7 years now, if its windy & rough seas they get sprayed with salt water, if it rains while Im on the water or on the road they cop it then when I get home I don't hold back with the hose once again they cop it & never missed a beat!

Life jackets too!!! ???

Now I'm sure that isn't on your site?

First time is looked at your website I thought what do I want bloody Road signs for on my boat!

Locodave I'll take a pic later in the week when in take the covers off. The swanky gear looks a little out of place on my old boats dash. But I guess it's a reflection on life. An old guy still passionate about tech.

Edited by NaClH2OK9

Speaking of Lifejackets and other related items.

We have 5 Child, Auto Inflatable BLA Lifejackets on the shelf, we had three but apparantley Stewy couldnt get any Kids to go out with him! We will do a deal on these.

We also have a GME MT400 EPIRB in stock, it is the standard unit Manual Activation, Non GPS. We ordered in for someone, and then they decided they wanted the GPS version, I dont like holding these on the shelf, so we will deal on this unit to quit it.

Talk to Adrian or Myself. 02 9600 7514

• 2 weeks later...