another day another bonito

Krispy !

Was too lazy to get up early this morning so slept in and ended up heading to the harbour around 11am. Everyone who was fishing was leaving due to the wind so I got a fairly decent spot. The Southerly was well and truly blowing by now so fishing unweighted was difficult. I was forced to add a tiny splitshot to prevent the wind blowing my line all over the place. Using pilly cubes in a burley trail I hooked a nice bonito about half an hour in, after a short tussle on it was netted, bled and put in the esky. It measured 45cm. Soon after I hooked what I think was either a 50cm+ trevally or a smallish kingfish which busted me off pretty quickly as I didnt have my drag set properly. Eventually the wind got the better of me and I left with some sashimi to be had for dinner. Not a bad 2 hour session considering the conditions.

post-11865-0-29280900-1424764573_thumb.jpg

Good stuff for giving it a go. was this boat or land based? I was scheduled to go in the harbour today on boat but ended up pushing that back to tomorrow when the wind is forecast as less than today.

Landbased mate, the wind was a real hassle today but it was my day off so i had to make the most of it

Edited by Krispy !