Harbour kings

sbf1

Decided to change it up this morning by chasing some kings. Got my boy up at 4.00 and headed to drummoyne to launch the boat. We headed to Clifton gardens to stock up on some livies. We burlied up and got a few unfortunately that were all super large. Whilst I was stocking up on livies my son was catching bream, whiting and trevally. We ended up with a feed in the hour.

Motored over to the wedding cakes on first light and got some burley going. We got a few rods out and it only took 10 minutes for the first one to buckle over. I got my boy to bring in other rods as it had some weight in it and was running like a train. After a short fight I asked for a gaff but it wasn't in the boat! We netted in an average net after a few attempts.

The fish measured 89cm. Things went quite after that so we called it a day.

post-24531-0-61971100-1425096442_thumb.jpg

post-24531-0-97452700-1425096464_thumb.jpg

Good to know. Would explain why it was hooked on top hook that was through the yakkas nose.

sbf1, nice harbour king, and good tp see the young fella involved. Just 1 thing, it doesnt matter how big your live bait is. Kingfish attack from the front, not from behind.