Bradleys head for kids

Robertos87

Hey guys. Looking to go for a fish in the morning and taking the little rugrats with me. After a bit of research looks like I might give bradleys head a crack. Just wondering if it's appropriate for little kids? An almost 4 year old and a one year old. Im also wondering what the fishing is like? I'd like to get stuck into a flatty or two, wondering if anyone's caught any of note there? Thanks in advance raiders

Hi,

I have fished Bradley's Head land based for flathead over the years with reasonable success.

Its a good spot for tailor and salmon as well as the bait schools can congregate off the head. The surface boils are generally within casting distance.

There are kelp beds off the stone jetty and on the eastern side so you can pick up a few squid there too.

As for being appropriate for kids, the stone jetty has no rails so its not real safe for them. Its fairly shallow in close so its a little hard to fish with the kids on dry land which would be better.

However there is open space and shade which is good. Not much parking though and its a popular spot. There are around 20 spots close to the water and about the same further up the road in another car park.

Get in early if you are going to go.

Cheers

Jim

Edited by fragmeister

If you go to Echo Point, near Roseville Bridge, at high tide, you find a fishing spot with rails, making it safe for kids, it has BBQ facilities, parking is not a problem, has shade and space for the kids to run around once bored.

Use a small float and prawns, and your little one will surely pull in something ( small brim/tailor/pufferfish).

Thanks for the help guys. I ended up going to Davidson Park near Roseville bridge for a fish. Pulled up plenty of chopper tailor, some small bream, and a small whiting. I'm guessing it's not far from Echo Point? I'll definitely keep that info in mind for Bradley's Head, might have to go down for a solo fish at some point. Trying to look for a spot to get into some decent flathead with the kids, seem to have a tough time doing so. Easy finding the bream, the flatties not so much for me.