Blackfishing Chiswick Early Morning Session

Ron Howes

Arrived at Chiswick around 6.30 am with Poohbear my fishing buddy. It was still dark and it was about to lighten up so the fish would not need a spot light to find our baits. We fished with Homebush weed and cabbage. As it lighten up the fish started biting continuously up unto an hour before high tide. We were continually being baited with good downs and not striking fish. At other times we were catching fish on consecutive drifts. This spot usually produces fish around 40 cm plus, however today we only caught one around 42 cm and a lot of chats. All up it was a enjoyable session with plenty of action and fish.

post-8605-0-94281000-1425812449_thumb.jpg

post-8605-0-19700400-1425812548_thumb.jpg

Great haul guys! It's always nice getting to your spot just before the suns up!

Question guys; Do you usually catch intending to plate the fish at Chiswick? I know there are a number of well producing spots along that part of the river but a little cautious of eating it that far up the river..?

Poohbear and myself rarely take fish home. The majority of times we fish its catch,keep alive in swimmer, take photos then release.

Last week when we fished Drummoyne I let the swimmer get high and dry, the fish were barely alive so I bled and gutted and scaled 9 fish for my family

and friends. Have no problems in eating small quantities now and then.

Howsy

Hi Howsy and poohbear,

Is there any chance a mate and I could tag long with you guys on one of your sessions to learn the black arts? we have both done a bit of black fish fishing but I think we are missing a few things that maybe you guys could correct? anyways would be wonderful if you guys could help out. awesome catch by the way.