Maxima vs aurion?

Linc

Hi Raiders.

The Mrs wants a new car. Must be a sedan and must be suitable to tow my quintrex 430 (max 500kg when loaded) since i drive a mazda 3 which would barely pull it out of the driveway. I told her she can have the mazda and I'll get a 4x4 but she wants a v6 sedan... no use arguing. Anyway for our price bracket in front wheel drive sedans (for slippery ramps) it comes down to 2012/13 toyota aurion or nissan maxima. Has anybody owned either of there and better still towed with one? Would love some thoughts or feedback

She currently drives a Mitsubishi magna which tows the boat fine but its getting old.

Cheers

Linc

My dad owns aurion sports model.. 6speed quick, fuel Eco is good, and just towed my 5m half cab from canberra to batemans bay, towed easily..

Can't comment on maxima don't no much about it..

Hi Raiders.

The Mrs wants a new car. Must be a sedan and must be suitable to tow my quintrex 430 (max 500kg when loaded) since i drive a mazda 3 which would barely pull it out of the driveway. I told her she can have the mazda and I'll get a 4x4 but she wants a v6 sedan... no use arguing. Anyway for our price bracket in front wheel drive sedans (for slippery ramps) it comes down to 2012/13 toyota aurion or nissan maxima. Has anybody owned either of there and better still towed with one? Would love some thoughts or feedback

She currently drives a Mitsubishi magna which tows the boat fine but its getting old.

Cheers

Linc

No need to argue, you just need to list the benefits on why the 4x4 will be better :P

Easy to tow

Take you places you will never see by car

Higher of the ground

Feel safe in a 4x4

Fuel consumption would be better

Kids love the side steps!

what about an AWD diesel Forrester/Outback or similar.....fuel good, ramps no problems, towing great

Jim...

Problem (apart from the wife not wanting an suv) is we'd be looking at 3-5 years older and an extra 50000 clicks for the same price

I have a 2012 Aurion and tow my 5m Quintrex regularly long distances, usually loaded with camping gear. Love it. 6 speed gearbox and transmission is lifted from the Lexus and is silky smooth. 300 KW engine is heaps powerful enough to make overtaking at highway speeds easy.

Around town I consume around 12 l/100 Kms. Towing the laden boat that lifts to 16. Driving car only on the highway with one occupant it sips 7l/100 km and idles on 2000 RPM at 100. Barely ticking over.

Lovely to drive, lovely to sit in, excellent room in the rear, huge boot space... And Toyota's simply don't. break. down. My wife and I have owned various Toyotas from new and used for > 40 years combined with only one breakdown (battery died whilst parked).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had 2003 model Maxima, last v6 3l model and it towed my stacer 429 without any problems. Two years ago we took it from Sydney to Jindabyne and back and fuel consumption was only one litre more. I think new Maximas are 3.5l. Maxima or Aurion, both should be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks again for the replies guys. We ended up with a 2013 Aurion with low kms. Handled very nicely in the test drive, seems like a nice car and plenty of go in it. Pickup Saturday after fitting the tow bar just in time for a Sunday fish :)