long distance casting mono line advice.

leonardgid

Hi there , i dont like using braid for snapper fishing of the rocks so im looking for the thinnest mono lines available , i know platypus has the thinnest out there but i have read bad reviews about it , can anyone advice on a thin line that you like using for long distance casting please, thank you all

i hope its ok i am re spooling my 3 shimano charter special reels with Platypus line..

hoping weather friday sat improves as i am hoping to hit Botany Bay for the first time and ill be targeting snapper and kings with those rods..

sick of the pickers, want some real fish :)

Schnider Fine Line is very good. It is not as thin as Platypus Super 100 but has less of the drawbacks of a super thin line. That said I do use Super 100 a lot. The only drawback (apart from obviously less abrasion resistance)

is that the knot strength is not so good. You can get around this by tying a bimini double first, which is a 100% knot.

PS: do you really want to use a thin line for rock fishing? If you are using overhead gear it won't make much difference to casting distance.