Balistix gold vs Bushy Classic vs Timber Wolf

krause

Hi all,

Super quick question. I snapped the tip off an old Timber Wolf 3pc 9ft 6-10kg rod yesterday fighting a nice salmon. I caught the rod of the bottom of the ocean and rebuilt it, and then fell in love with the thing. Neddless to say i want to replace it, and soon as i have a trip on the weekend. Ive found one for 90 bucks, but have been recommended the Simano Bushy Classic 9ft 6-10kg (very similar feel, though 140 bucks) and a Shimano Balistix Gold 4pc 9ft (havent held it, but it came highly recommended , but i dont think its as heavy. $150). So what are th opinions? I assume theyll all be good, but are the other two better than the Timber Wolf, especially in regards to casting weight, whixh is up to 90g. Looking at using bait, slugs and poppers, beach fishing and small live baits, so just a general alrounder. Any opinions appreciated guys

Cheers

Also a quick note, do mak tuna equal frigates? Either way theyre good fun on 3lb :)

Can't comment on the rods - but as far as the macs and frigates are concerned - apparently not. The macs have 3 dots along their belly where as the frigates don't. And their flesh is completely different colour - but yes very good fun on 3lb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wrong. sydneyfisher12 is correct

I was working on multiple images of the frigate having more regular lines on the upper torso

BUT the distance between the two dorsal fins confirms it as a frigate. (though there are a couple of spots on the photo and these are variable between specimens)

apologies for confusing the matter.

So this is a previous catch, and indeed a mak tuna(sorry for the quality, i cropped me out) So there you go, I've caught both, Cheers for the info, i would have never know the difference other wise.

Now does any one now about the rods...

post-31570-0-15242500-1426770147_thumb.png

Edited by krause

I must admit i looked at them longingly, but i thought they were a little to much for the hacking and 6lb main line haha. Like always for me, when i want livies i could come across them if i begged. But when i dont want them theyre every where!