First voyage of a mates new Poly

vo2c88

So my mate bought his first boat and was keen to take it out over the weekend. Its a polycraft 4.1m challenger perfect for the estuary fishing he enjoys. A late call was made Sunday to go for a flick on the georges merely to get him used to the boat and the way it handles. The aim was to flick some plastics towards the banks in the hope of getting a jewy or two. First fish was an EP, a first for me on soft plastics then a cousin of mine got hit by what we expect was a jewy which took him around a snag and that was it. We then moved down the river where I got a 65cm flatty followed by a monster on a bream measuring at 45cm. We couldn't believe our eyes. At first we thought it was a soapie to then realise its a monster. Wish we had entered the pirtek challenge. A great day out one to remember not to mention a great boat for such style of fishing. All fish where released to live another day.

Regards

Vo2c88

post-16473-0-05237000-1427106047_thumb.jpgpost-16473-0-00316400-1427105689_thumb.jpgpost-16473-0-57989800-1427105494_thumb.jpegpost-16473-0-25760800-1427106286_thumb.jpg

Of course swordy would say that. The owner of a large floating ice cream container! Lol :)

Nice work on the fish Vic. That's a horse bream and not a bad flatty either! Good to see you out and about!

Tight lines,

Cheers scratchie!!!

Scratchy I hear the long tails started to show. When should I head up with Plan B?

Mate, what's wrong with you? The trailer boat tournament on this weekend. Heaps of raiders coming up. Should be a cracking weekend. The marlin are still here too! One boat got 6 yesterday on close!

Your mate just beat me to buying that boat! :-) That looks like the one the guy (Sam?) was selling from Sadlier.

Sweet looking boat with very low hours for it's age.

Hope she serves your mate well.

Marty

MartyMonsta unfortunately for you that is the one. Its like that these days, if you see a neat boat you got to jump on it rather quickly or its gone. Just keep looking mate and I'm sure another one will come up. He was looking around for over 6 months. Lets hope it serves him well.

Regards

Vo2c88