When Is A Jewie A Jewie

pogo

Was having a yarn with my next door neighbour and we were trying to decide when a jewie is a jewie.

That is when do they stop being a soapie. Start being a schoolie and then become a jewie

We thought around 4-5 kg, and around 10 to 12 kg

What do you reckon

Edited by pogo

Having never caught either I'd have to concur with Jewhunter! I'd be very happy with the one in your signature pic!

On the topic of signatures etc, A question for you Mr Pogo, what does your "I can see the future...." mean?? a song, a quote?? Its been puzzling me for a while now! :biggrin2:

Its a Laurie Anderson song, called "let x=x"

I can see Newport reef and out to sea from my verandah and those lines in the song always make me think of how I feel going fishing. Particularly early in the morning, you know when the horizon is just starting to show with that pale blue violet colour about 45 minutes before sunrise

Its a Laurie Anderson song, called "let x=x"

I can see Newport reef and out to sea from my verandah and those lines in the song always make me think of how I feel going fishing. Particularly early in the morning, you know when the horizon is just starting to show with that pale blue violet colour about 45 minutes before sunrise

68184[/snapback]

Dont know the tune but I'm familiar with the pre-sunrise, you cant beat it :thumbup:

I would be happy with anything over 4 or 5Kg.

Hey Pogo I have taken delivery of the boat and am doing a clean and polish currently. Once she up to scratch I will post some pics. Hope to go for a run this Saturday.

Since we are living so close to each other we should arrange a joint fishing trip soon taking both boats out or maybe you would like to try out the Profish version.

You are right, they are a great boat and heaps of room. Solid and stable

Cheers

Mate Ild love to,

Saw in another post that one of your goals is marlin, we might have to team up for a stickface effort, Ive been gradually gearing up for a major assault this year.

This years big goals are a jewie, (any size but the bigger the better), first marlin, more dollies on fly and more kings from pitwater (more use out of the downrigger)

Also been reading up on using the downrigger for trolling marlin baits.

and more work on SP and fly.

and just getting out more full stop

Have a great first outing on the new boat.

Regards POGO

Mate Ild love to,

Saw in another post that one of your goals is marlin,  we might have to team up for a stickface effort, Ive been gradually gearing up for a major assault this year.

This years big goals are a jewie, (any size but the bigger the better), first marlin, more dollies on fly and more kings from pitwater (more use out of the downrigger)

Also been reading up on using the downrigger for trolling marlin baits.

and more work on SP and fly.

and just getting out more full stop

Have a great first outing on the new boat.

Regards POGO

68268[/snapback]

Mate our goals are the same.

I want that jewfish and have just started to find the kings in Pittwater. Also looking at buying the down rigger. Come mid January I will start the marlin campain. I also would not mind catching a snapper or two. I will speak to you in the next month to arrange a trip.

Cheers

G`day Fellas ,

Funny thing this question .

I don`t think there is a proper scale for Jews as such , or at least I`ve never heard of one .

My Dad called anything up to 5 LB a soapie , Anything from 5 Lb up to 12LB schoolies , and over 12 LBS , plain ole jews .

Mick

Was having a yarn with my next door neighbour and we were trying to decide when a jewie is a jewie.

That is when do they stop being a soapie. Start being a schoolie and then become a jewie

We thought around 4-5 kg,  and around 10 to 12 kg

What do you reckon

68155[/snapback]

Spot on jewhunter.....spot on :thumbup:

Edited by allthegear