Off Marley 30-03-2015

grandad

Hi Raiders

Haven’t fished since June due to Surgery and health issues, now that I am feeling a little better I thought it’s time to fish again. So prepared the boat, new wheel Bearings, New globes in trailer lights, fresh fuel, old fuel used in lawnmower. Replaced fresh water that I keep on board, washed the lifejackets, fitted new all-round white light on a 1 metre stem. Charged Batteries and ran both motors. Needed a new impellor in auxiliary, so fitted that and everything was OK to go. Left Yowie Bay at 5-00 am, logged on using the new marine rescue app, went straight out to the middle grounds, set up the rods and fished till daybreak for zero results. Trolled to Marly headland for same result, finally found some flatties in 45 metres of water, would only take squid, nothing on prawns or salted tuna. Lost a few rigs to jackets but managed a nice feed anyway. A storm came up and blew me back in early, not a nice feeling being out there in a tinny with lightning flashing. Once back in the port I logged off from marine rescue. Felt good to be on the water again after nine months.

Grandad

post-12725-0-34165300-1427772769_thumb.jpg

Guest 4myson

Well done , What a great start to the tally after almost a year out of the water . Good to see you haven't lost your touch at fishing after all that time .

That's a nice catch of flatties.

Good you got a couple of jackets too, that will show them line snipping buggers.

Good to hear you're feeling better, and fishing is great therapy.

Cheers.

Nice feed of flatties the simple fishing still pays results. We were down there on fri but the wind and the seas made it to uncomfortable to fish once you got 1 km offshore. Played with rat kings in close up to 64cm

Will be heading down there a few times week days in late april/ may I can send you a message a couple of days before I go.

Had noticed you hadn't posted for a while surgery will do it all the time. Hope all is well now.

see you on the water one day

bruce

Nice feed of flatties the simple fishing still pays results. We were down there on fri but the wind and the seas made it to uncomfortable to fish once you got 1 km offshore. Played with rat kings in close up to 64cm

Will be heading down there a few times week days in late april/ may I can send you a message a couple of days before I go.

Had noticed you hadn't posted for a while surgery will do it all the time. Hope all is well now.

see you on the water one day

bruce

If the swell is less than 1 metre and the wind is low, Ideal conditions for my little boat, then I get the urge to go.

We may have a trip down there together sometime.

Grandad