Terrigal squid

thefisherman6784

G'day raiders

I'm up at my beach house at avoca for the holidays and went for a session at terrigal haven yesterday morning, here's how I went...

Had a little sleep in (7:30am which is pretty late [emoji4]), and woke up to a bit of rain which wasn't going to stop me so I got the gear ready and got to terrigal haven around 8:30

Started spinning for about 20 mins for nothing so called my mate which is local and he told me the schools come through but not very often so after 1 hour of spinning for nothing I stopped

I talked to some spear fisherman and they said there are tons of baitfish around, especially garfish but nothing were chasing them

Birds where diving for bait everywhere, just no fish smashing them

So decided to walk to the squid spot which was 100m down a little no wave beach (unless there's big swell 3m+, otherwise the waves are very small) I had a 2.5 yamashita jig in a light brown natural colour and first cast, a nice squid which i was stoked with

post-33634-14280976641411_thumb.jpg

Next cast, on again, and again the next cast, I thought this will be an awesome session.

Few casts later on again, then again but this one went zzzzzz zzzzzz zzzzz slowly and new it was a big one

Got it in and was 26cm hood, a new pb

post-33634-14280978068667_thumb.jpg

Kept fishing and lost my jig next cast so walked back to the other rocks and started spinning again for another 30mins for nothing then just decided to go for squid the whole rest of the time

I walked back to the squid spot this time with a 2.2 darker brown jig and while walking on the Beach I spotted some broken ground within casting distance so on the way picked up two but one was tiny so let it go

Got there and I was only getting smaller ones so changed to a big 3.0 jig and got 4 big squid all over 20cm hood

Went back to the rocks where I started spinning which is also a good squid spot and got another big one

In total got 15 squid, 9 for a feed and 6 for bait

Gear used was my 1-3kg g.loomis and 1000 Stradic c14+

post-33634-14280983267881_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14280983535592_thumb.jpg

Talked to Seamus and he told me he wanted some for bait so was going to go this morning but woke up to 20knot+ winds and rain so didn't end up going

post-33634-14280984313386_thumb.jpg

Rain doesn't bother me at all, it's just the wind so hopefully this afternoon will clear up

Cheers thefisherman6784