First day out, nada

mredgy

Hi all,

Been a member lurking for a while, but now I have a nice new boat, and will start getting into it. Been 25+ years since I fished Sydney harbour. Went out with the (impatient) kids on Friday and stopped near the spit to get some livies....but none. Went further round to inside middle head...nothing, was trying new squid jig too. Had a bit of a drift down the back of grotto point for flatties using store bought frozen squids...nothing.

Not a great way to start off trying to get the kids keen. Hopefully I'll find a few spots, hone my techniques, and get the kids hooked before they get too bored. Will certainly become a more active member now. I'll get out as often as family allows :)

Having a week of rain forecast for the first week of school hols aint great, but Monday morning looks like it might be ok. Will try again!

Cheers,

mredgy

Bad luck on your first outing but we'll done on your first post.

Fishing with kids can be as frustrating ( they get board in 30 mins with no action) as it can be rewarding.

I'm sure the comming sessions will improve.

Were all holding out for Monday as a fishing day.

Guest no one

Want the kids interested - go for bread and butter... Keep it simple, no need for live baits, grab some prawns and catch some small fish, sow and pigs reef is the go!