A Very Fishy Easter

FishingGuy

Hey Raiders,

This long weekend we headed out on Friday and Sunday to give the Flathead and Bream ago. Sick of not catching anything in Sydney, the Central Coast it was. Report below-

Good Friday-

To be honest waking up on Friday there wasn't anything all that good about it!! The weather was absolutely horrendous with strong wind and quite heavy rain, so now the question was do we go or not?? Pfff of course we go, who cares about a bit of rain. So after getting some baits and eventually finding a supermarket which was open to get food we finally arrived and it was not a pretty sight. The were waves at least 1.5M and strong wind and all this on a lake not to mention. Anyway we made the decision to go to Budgewoi but that was soon scraped after turning the bend to find traffic queued back 5KM.

So we setup at about 2PM and started fishing. Nothing, for 6 hours absolutely nothing then some bloke comes along and after 5 Mins gets a Flatty. Then at 8PM finally something bends the rod and its a decent sized Flatty. Then after that it was an absolute frenzy with Flathead after Flathead and by 1AM we had 12 in the esky. A few of the smaller and bigger ones were released (Sorry no photos of the big ones because didn't really want to get my camera wet in the rain) All in all from a baf start Friday ended up being very good.

post-33871-0-52301400-1428290661_thumb.jpg

Easter Saturday-

The weather was awful so no fishing, today it was restocking and gear maintenance.

Easter Sunday-

Went back to the same spot as on Friday with the weather being a lot better but the tide was incredibly high, cutting off the pathway even. There wasn't nearly as much action today as there was on Friday but we still managed six Flathead plus a few releases. Towards the end I also netted a few small Garfish as they weren't taking the bait I was using. During the duration of the weekend we used Pillies, Garfish, Prawns and Chicken Breast as Bait, and all caught fish. A great weekend of fishing and lots of fish to a company that. When we got home we split the fish up with a friend who was quite happy with a fresh feed of Flatty's. Happy Easter to everyone and tight lines!!!

post-33871-0-77604300-1428290836_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

FishingGuy

Edited by FishingGuy

We planned to hit the entrance on friday with my kids and my dad but the weather was foul. We went out sunday morning too near picnic point and the boys got some small bream and a small flathead which they enjoyed, and I got a small flattie on plastic.

Good to see there were some keepers about.

We planned to hit the entrance on friday with my kids and my dad but the weather was foul. We went out sunday morning too near picnic point and the boys got some small bream and a small flathead which they enjoyed, and I got a small flattie on plastic.

Good to see there were some keepers about.

Yeah mate weather definitely was terrible. Great to hear you caught something at Picnic Point, haven't been there in a while.

Cheers,

FishingGuy

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Raiders,

This long weekend we headed out on Friday and Sunday to give the Flathead and Bream ago. Sick of not catching anything in Sydney, the Central Coast it was. Report below-

Good Friday-

To be honest waking up on Friday there wasn't anything all that good about it!! The weather was absolutely horrendous with strong wind and quite heavy rain, so now the question was do we go or not?? Pfff of course we go, who cares about a bit of rain. So after getting some baits and eventually finding a supermarket which was open to get food we finally arrived and it was not a pretty sight. The were waves at least 1.5M and strong wind and all this on a lake not to mention. Anyway we made the decision to go to Budgewoi but that was soon scraped after turning the bend to find traffic queued back 5KM.

So we setup at about 2PM and started fishing. Nothing, for 6 hours absolutely nothing then some bloke comes along and after 5 Mins gets a Flatty. Then at 8PM finally something bends the rod and its a decent sized Flatty. Then after that it was an absolute frenzy with Flathead after Flathead and by 1AM we had 12 in the esky. A few of the smaller and bigger ones were released (Sorry no photos of the big ones because didn't really want to get my camera wet in the rain) All in all from a baf start Friday ended up being very good.

attachicon.gif_DSC0003.JPG

Easter Saturday-

The weather was awful so no fishing, today it was restocking and gear maintenance.

Easter Sunday-

Went back to the same spot as on Friday with the weather being a lot better but the tide was incredibly high, cutting off the pathway even. There wasn't nearly as much action today as there was on Friday but we still managed six Flathead plus a few releases. Towards the end I also netted a few small Garfish as they weren't taking the bait I was using. During the duration of the weekend we used Pillies, Garfish, Prawns and Chicken Breast as Bait, and all caught fish. A great weekend of fishing and lots of fish to a company that. When we got home we split the fish up with a friend who was quite happy with a fresh feed of Flatty's. Happy Easter to everyone and tight lines!!!

attachicon.gif_DSC0011.JPG

Cheers,

FishingGuy

Good size fish there

Which location is this at ?