Squid lights have you tried one?

mike2153

Hey guys so I just installed a squid light on my transom and it's pretty bright.

Just wondering if anyone has tried them before with much success? I've given it a go but did to have any success. I think I may need to anchor up somewhere for a long period of time to get it working effectively.

Where abouts in the harbour would be a good spot to try it but?

I put underwater lights on my boat a couple of years back and they do work quite well in attracting life although got 8 nice palm sized squid once and tried for a jewfish and lights bought chopper tailor around which made short work of my beautiful livebaits so beware they also attract pickers which can be a problem at times.

Guest 4myson

I fitted Blue under water lights to the back of my boat as they are meant to attract more Squid than live bait , they say that White lights will attract more fish than Squid , I managed to get a few squid around the back of the boat in the harbour one night in Farm Cove but I don't know if it was the light that attracted them to the back of the boat or the Burley from the Burley pot ? But I could Cleary see them swimming around the back of the boat .