Transducer trouble/advice

Camo1808

Ok so im stuck!!

Haha i bought myself a fish finder for my kayak as its about time.

Only dilemma is im having trouble figuring out where and how to mount the bloody transducer.

My troubles is that the transom of the yak doesnt sit in the water. I have considered mounting it to the bottom of the hull but my mate and i constantly beach our yaks to sand bars to walk the flats or pump nippers etc so that will ruin it pretty quickly.

I need somewhere that wont get ruined really quickly.

Also i mount my kayak to my roof to get to spots so cant impede with that either.

I would love to come up with some sort of thing that is like a telescopic mount where i can extend and shorten when ever required.

Any ideas or advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Guest 4myson

Don't know what brand you have but Lowrance do a kayak transducer for around $80 & they also do a Ram mount arm style that you use with your existing transducer for around $50 . Hummingbird do a complete kayak fish finder setup it's the 110 Fishing Buddy around the $300 . Hope this helps ....

I would be making up a bracket from some ally or stainless to transom mount it so that it swings up out the way and locks by means of a simple R clip attached to a lanyard when beaching/transporting to avoid damage.

Otherwise like the guys mentioned you can buy a bracket made out of gold for $80.

There's plenty of options it depends what materials you have lying around and how handy you are.

I like that idea i was thinking of that like a swinging arm mount and locks and unlocks. Might look into it hey. Cheers for the advice. Dont really wanna spend 80 bucks althought i really appreciate the opinion. Will keep it as a last resort

I have a home made version of the "liberator transducer mount", these work well as one bolt allows it to pivot back if you hit anything and the other you can deploy it up or down when launching.

Do you have any photos or website links so i can look into this idea. Cheers