First trip to Sydney North FAD

Keeping Tabs

Headed out Saturday night around 7:30, dropped crab pots off and headed to Patonga to spend the night bait fishing with the only hook ups being shovel head sharks. I could have mistaken Flint And Steele for a small town with the amount of boats anchored up with their lights on - not sure what they would do if they hooked up something decent with so many anchors and lines out.

Stayed the night on the Tabs and woke up early (4:30am) and headed out to Sydney North FAD in convoy with a mate. Trolled a skirt and deep diver plus tried my luck with my "Kingy Soft plastic" for surface fish but no luck and no site of birds, fish or other boats for that matter.

Trolled half way back then made my way to Palmy to drift with baits with no luck and out of bait I Headed back in to troll divers across Juno to pick up a couple of flatties and a blue swimmer in one of my pots. Not an overly successful night/morning but good to head (22km) off shore to check out the FAD.

Saturday we did the same out to Sydney north fad, got there water temp 21.1, did three drifts with nothing. Headed east about two miles and water temp went to 21.8. Found a fish trap came home with 3 good dollies. Saw lots of birds travelling, not much more.