Sydney Harbour Thursday 16 th April Overnighter

fragmeister

Hi Raiders,

Have to work this weekend so I decided 6 weeks without a fish was way too long.

Got into the harbour on low tide today ( about midday) and checked out all the markers. Not a lot of action, not a lot of bait fish. That was fine though as I intended to head up into Bantry Bay for a quiet evening fishing, a feed and little nip of bourbon to keep me warm.

Lots of small snapper around and bundles of gars. The wall othe Southern side produced a few bream on SP's. The wall seems to drop off very quickly into deeper water and looks a likely Jew spot but I decided to tie up to one of the public moorings and just soak a few baits.

The plan is to head back to the spit at around 3 am and pick up some squid and then take a look at North Head and the markers on sun up.

The afternoon was glorious , warm and no wind and I had fun just exploring and taking my time.

Just Cooked a t- bone and a couple of snags and settled down just as the wind picked up and a squall came thru with a pretty serious shower. Had the forethought to put up the clears and store my gear in waterproof bags.

It's now 7:15 and my baits have not been touched for hours. Meanwhile the wind is whistling through the line on my rods stored in the rocket launcher each one making very different and almost melodic tones.... I may have to tension the lines on each one so that they are tuned properly! .... At the moment it's a little too twilight zone-ish. " Picture a man, alone in a boat, in the middle of nowhere "

I'll tune them to a major chord so they don't sound so spooky!

Sorry, the solitude is making me ramble.

I will add to the post tomorrow.

Cheers

Jim