Wisemans ferry

jordy

Just returned from 5 days at wisemans had a red hot crack with everything rubber plastic and metal as i dont baitfish.Did not land a single fish,but now for the good news.First morning took bro in law out with plastics only,an hour in he was doing the lure bagging bit and moaning about no bait.Shortly thereafter he lands a 40cm flattie on a grass minnow,hes now a convert.Out of nowhere my 7yr old son who has always detested fishing refusing to go and cutting my time on the water down,asks to go fishing so I buy some prawns for him and his cousin of same age.With apprehension I set them up and then began the routine of supervising two newby 7 year olds on thier first fishing trip.Over the next two days they smashed it plenty of undersized fish,eels a pair of keeper bream and a flatty nudging 50cm.These boys are hooked as solidly as the fish they tormented,and they were happy to see everything swim away after a little pat on the tail.Ive now had to get my boy his own gear and he cant wait to go again.He was very comforting as well constantly reminding me that I am a hopeless fisherperson and next time he well help me catch one as hes an expert.Experiences like this are why our sport is so great fishing in beautiful scenery at one stage a couple of roos sitting nearby for company and two happy kids.Try and post a few pics when i get the chance as a fisherman i make a great photographer apperently.Tight lines all.

It is a lovely river system which changes so dramatically from reach to reach. I have seen scrub turkeys, Echidna and even a few platypus in the upper and middle reaches. There is an abundance of Swamp Wallabies and Eastern Greys which can often be seen along the river banks. Some of the reaches have not changed for many thousands of years and as you motor along you can imagine what life was like pre -European settlement. :sun:

• 7 months later...