Lure sale...

boattart

Guest no one

I don't own any lures......... They own me! :(

At least all mine are individual and I don't have two of the same.

Well, at least not on the same side of the garage! :)

So what happens when they're only buying on one then you lose it to a big fish?

You need to buy more

It doesn't hurt to buy them up on special and have a stockpile, especially for ones with a high casualty

rate like jigs and soft plastics. There is also a chance your favourite lure will go out of production. I

have 40 packets of Tacklecraft Flatback Prawns which are no longer made - I should have enough to

last my retirement if I use them sparingly!

There was a sale today. Suddenly I found a hole in my rod quiver that needed filling. Because I definitely need another 9 foot landbased spin rod. Of course I do [emoji14]

I had my greatest achievement to date though. Walked past the hard bodies section. Those little buggers are my bane.

Now that the gf has decided she likes fishing she doesn't question as much when my rod rack gets a new member haha

At the cost of some of the lures these days, I think sometimes that you're better off hiring some Scuba gear and diving around the jetties and wharves, collecting lures as you go. Not only profitable, but you get to do a bit of marine study at the same time. And then there's the lures. Did I mention the lures?

I had my mesh fish cleaning glove pegged to the pool fence on the weekend and apparently it blew away over the last couple of days. Anyone care to make a market on the chance I can walk in to buy a new one and NOT walk out with a couple of lures as well?

I had my mesh fish cleaning glove pegged to the pool fence on the weekend and apparently it blew away over the last couple of days. Anyone care to make a market on the chance I can walk in to buy a new one and NOT walk out with a couple of lures as well?

Lol, no bookie would take that on! Just go and get your mesh glove and a few lures! :)

Since we're turning this into BTA (boy's toy's anonymous) I'll stand up.

My name is Tony and I'm addicted to lures... and rods... and reels.

Oh and sorting out and resorting my tackle boxes.

Not to mention bows, arrows, knives, power tools, reel servicing tools, sharpening stones, fly-tying material, military model kits, glue, cleaning solvents (for cleaning), spinnerbaits, jig heads.............. Oh bugger... help me, I have a problem.

Guest 4myson

I don't DRINK /GAMBLE or SMOKE.... (Well let's just say I DONT smoke) but seriously .... What else am I meant to be doing with all the money I save from not buying Smokes ?????

Edited by 4myson

Squid jigs are my fall, needed 2 particular jigs walked out with 13 new yamishitas.

I have more lures, squid jigs, knife jigs, trolling skirts (have about 30 skirts all rigged mostly pakulas) poppers, divers, leaders, new spools of braid, last count I had 18 rods and about 15 reels.

I have a room in house dedicated to fishing gear. I well and truly have an addiction, a very bad one haha