Georges River 23/09

Matrix

Got a last minute invite to fish the Georges today (Thanks Norm, not sure if he frequents this site tho) and boy was I happy I accepted :thumbup: After a few tries trying to get onto a jew with Swoffa and having no luck I cant believe I managed to get one today :tease: especially when Bream was the intended target :1prop:

We started off fishing some hulls with nary a hit and then our conversation led to some potential jew holding holes so off we went for some deep water jiggin. The sounder was showing some fish in numbers but who knows what they were. Not long after dropping my lure right off the front of the boat and two lifts later, I felt the weight. Norm had a hit too, at the same time, but unfortunatey his didnt hook on.

Dont know abt u guys, but everytime I hook onto something decent I'm asking myself "is it a jew?is it a jew?" :074: and since i hardly target jews thats a real funny question!

The fight didnt go for long, probably abt 5mins, which was a good thing, cos I was using my bream specced rod with 4lb trace and main ( funny that, cos I usually use 6lb trace for bream).

I was in and out of the water in less than 2 hours, so it was a short sweet sesh out on the water.

I present to you....my 1st jew :1prop: 75cm, 4.5kg

post-264-1127460879_thumb.jpg

Awesome stuff Matt, well done.  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

That's a good starting point for an SP jewie, now we'll have to get you a bigger one...  :biggrin2:

68579[/snapback]

Yes puhleese :1prop:

Thanks fellas :thumbup:

Getting this jewie made me feel just like when I caught my first fish(late last yr) and everything was a blur hehe. I must say, its fun catching big (ish) fish :074: After always going for bream and salmon its so refreshing to concentrate on a jew and then actually catching one.

Narra, now that u mentioned it, the fish did look fat and healthy, but it had a small reddish patch on the side which looked like some kind of sore.

Matt

Well done mate thats great .Your first sp jewie gives you warm fuzzies all over and catching it on a 4 pound trace now thats impresive what sp did you get him on? How deep was the water?Was the tide going in or out? Im not gonna push my luck by asking where but feel free to pm me the answer :biggrin2:

Either way well done :thumbup:

Good one Matt  :thumbup: That would put a smile on ya face eh?

Wombat  :yahoo:

68718[/snapback]

Yeah I was smilling all the way back to the ramp, the car, my home,during shower, dinner with friends, during drinks....right up until I hit the sack :1prop:

Sharky I used a 4 inch Bass Minnow in Pearl Watermelon, on a Gamma Darter jighead 2/0, 3/16oz if I remember correctly. At the time of hookup, the tide was running out and current was strongish. Abt the 4lb, boy was I lucky, considering the whole lure and jighead was deep in the mouth. It so easily coulda been sliced then I'd be left wondering for the whole day!