Braid vs mono + spin vs overhead

RNB

Confusion strikes again ... or is it just personal preference. What's the best application for fishing land based for large kings, tuna and the like off the Stones. Currently using spin gear with braid but have had different suggestions on what the best application is. Some say braid for popping and stick baits which I use but I also live bait yakkas and squid.

The conflicting suggestions that I've received are that with braid you can cast out further for popping and cover more area but compared to mono abrasion resistance on the rocks will be poor. Would abrasion really be a problem when using 60-80lb braid...?

I've only caught rats so far and would like to make the right decision on the tackle to use... For the upgrade I Really only want to spend once...!!! Should I go mono or stick with braid?

Next...are there any real advantages or disadvantages when chasing the big one? Some say you can do all on heavy spin gear + 8'6-10ft ( better control when in close yet hard on your back ) and others say overhead + 7-8'6ft ( more line capacity easier on your back and more fighting power ) is it best to stick with heavy spin or pull out the TLD 50 and match it with a short stick...?

To all land based fishos.... interested to know your personal experience tackle preferences advantages & disadvantages of the gear you use ( with the above mentioned ) when chasing big game ,,,!

Guest 4myson

Land based I prefer mono with decent Egg beater reel . I mainly used to fish Avoca off the rocks & true you do get more casting distance with braid it's not as forgiving as mono when it comes to landing a Decent fish around rocks ....