Advice on Mid North Coast NSW holiday with kids

Burger

I'm looking at taking my two sons (10 & 14) up the Mid north coast for a week in the upcoming June/July school holidays with the plan being an introductory fishing holiday for them staying not tooo much of a drive north from Sydney.

I am thinking Port Macquarie area and am after any recommendations for easy fishing, kid friendly caravan parks with some access to alternate activities.

We haven't done much fishing together and I'm looking at mainly land based for bream, flathead and my personal favourite luderick.

Might also hire a tinny for variety.

Being their 'first time' I am thinking easier is better and am considering The Breakwall or Jordans at Port Macq or perhaps North Haven/Laurieton.

I like the idea of The Breakwall with the fishing being 'right there'.

Any thoughts, experiences or ideas will be most appreciated!

cheers,

stu.

Lake Cathie also offers pleasant fishing land based east of the bridge.

I haven't stayed there but you've also got Jordan's holiday park situated right on the river and they do boat hire as well. If the weather's nice try and do the 1.5hr sunset cruise on the river. Only $10 and you can bring your own food/drink. Well worth it in my opinion but I did it in summer on a balmy evening and it was great.

Marty

Lake Cathie, or the Forster/Tuncurry region would be my choice for the kids' first time. Both have nearby breakwalls, both are very family friendly, both have very good accommodation options and the weather is generally milder. It takes about 4.5 hrs to Forster, stopping for the 2hr break along the way. My kids never got to the "are we there yet?" stage going to Forster when they were that age. Have a great time, where ever you go.

Mate you can not turn down forster. Has too many fishing options from breakwalls to beachs to land based samd banks and oyster leases and plenty of jetties. Heaps to do for kids including putt putt go karts bowling and even those trampoline park things. Awesome place mate.