Humminbird 798sici Losing Pixels at speed (Help Please)

squidboy

Hi Raiders,

I have been adjusting my transducer position and settings from time to time to ensure that at speed, being 20 to 30 knots I have pixels on the screen to show the bottom. Currently I can get some pixels using the split screen sonar on 200htz but the 83htz is terrible, I am luck to see anything on the screen. I have a Quintrex Top Ender, and I have mounted the transducer in between the ribs of the hull. The Sounder I have is a Humminbird 798cisi

I have:
1. adjusted the sensitivity
2. played with the contrast
3. restored factory settings
4. lowered the transducer
5. pointed the transducer slightly forward

I have been on the you tube channels and read the many forums. Just seeing if there is a chance someone can pick up what I am doing wrong. Mind you it has been to a dealer twice with no result which is a bit frustrating. I have spoken to the Humminbird support (very helpful) who also stated that the 83htz should show a better picture than the 200htz, I am experiencing the opposite. I am using it between 8 and 35 metres of water (shallow saltwater). Happy to give the details of the settings of the sounder. If its easier to talk over the phone, just PM me and I will send you my number.

I have attached the photos below for people to see my set up. I live in Ryde, so if anyone has a chance to see it or show what I am doing wrong on the water it would be greatly appreciated. If you cant, and can let me kow your thoughts it would be just as good. As you can imagine, I am scratching my hair off my head just typing this email.

Appreciate any help please.

Marco.

post-2763-0-19919400-1430910987_thumb.jpg

post-2763-0-95423700-1430910994_thumb.jpg

post-2763-0-38735700-1430911004_thumb.jpg

post-2763-0-81814500-1430911013_thumb.jpg

Both my boat and my Dad's both have SI transducers. My boat still works at 40km/h (top speed) but my Dad's boat wont work above about 10km/h. I installed both and have never been able to figure out the difference.