Salmon runs...

Razzell

Hi all,

Last year was my first year of proper fishing in Australia. I got my yak in November last year and haven't looked back - it's been a great Summer with plenty of decent trips.

Now that Winter is well and truly heading in, I'm re-evaluating my tactics to make sure I continue to catch over the winter. Now, my question refers specifically to Salmon... I recall last year when my fishing buddy and I were running local landbased sessions.We had good fun picking up Salmon in the shallow bays around the harbour and middle harbour. Since then I've caught a fair few other sambo and I love them on the lighter gear - they go like stink!

So, can anyone give me some insight as to when they'll start heading in to the bays and busting up? I can't quite recall the timing...

Cheers,

Razz

G'day Razzel,

I have been coming across salmon now for about 6 weeks, their numbers seem to vary according to how much bait is around and where the bait is sitting.

The last 2 weeks have been very quiet due to all the crap weather but i believe as soon as the water clears up they should be around, my last posts featured a fair few of these tasty critters.

Cheers

Andy