Stanwell Park Hump

dogbox

I've fished the Stanwell park hump a few times with mixed results

On the very south side of the hum there is a shear drop off from 45m to 70m a cliff like drop off about 100m wide/long the far south edge

Just wondering, is this would be a good place to fish (the Cliff) or any other tips for fishing the hump.

Have read various stories of fishing the hump but I'm interested in your tips and stories

The last trip i had to the hump i cruised all round/side the hump with little to show on the sounder haven't been back since, think its about time i planned another trip,

Open to make it a day with a raiders and there boats and make a day of it.

Dogbox

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to the humps a few times without success but I always enjoy the trip down & back so Im never disappointed.

if you end up making a day down there let me know if it falls on the right day I will be in it for a cruise.

Brett

Ok mate lets see what responses come from this post and well look at a trip when the big winter high pressures cells start to move across the east coast and well plan a trip.

I have a couple contacts one a charter fisherman and a pro who traps for snapper so when they give me then nod there on well set a date.

Dogbox

Guest stephanb79

Ill want to give it ago !! How far down and out is it ??? dont know if my boat is good enough to go out there

Love it!!! Did the fad convoy and met such good people ( well done Ed for starting) dates permitting I'm in ( hopefully better my last trip to The Hump.) there is some good trolling on the way for kings. Mac tuna. Bonito and I've even pulled a dollie (but not this time of year) this is how to push boundaries. Surrounded by buddies to keep you safe.

Guest stephanb79

Fit for purpose imo

Weather permitting of course.

Of course who far out is the hunp off shore ??

Guest stephanb79

7.5 k from land. 18k from the hacking as the crow flies

Ok cool im fine with that im in as long as we have good weather lol

Guest stephanb79

Well I guess there's gonna be a lot of raiders in a lot of boats, let's set a date!

Sounds good im in for a Sunday

gee wizz

I'm glad there is a lot of interest

Ok can't put a date on it just yet but ill make its a Sat or Sun

ill watch for a weather window to open in a 7 day forecast for a High pressure cell moving across the east coast with swell and wave conditions 1.5m or less with around 8 seconds apart wind less than 15kph

This should make it suitable for smaller vessels.

I start to look at weather trends from the 1st June, notice of the trip will be on this blog giving about 7 days notice.

as the seven day weather forecast is the most reliable.

if on the day weather is a little sour than expected, then well still make day of it, there is plenty of good fishing marks in bate bay down to National Park and in Port Hacking.

Starting at first light Dollans Bay / Wallys wharf with a return by 1pm at Mainbar spit tide depending for a get to know each other and a little bragging.

ill leave it up to each individual to choose which ramp they launch from.

I know the Commander of Marine Rescue Port Hacking, Botany and Sydney water ways ill ask for a channel to use for the day so we have clear coverage.

I also know the Manager of BCF Caringbar and Wetherill_Park ill see if they can help out in any way "no promises"

ill Be in touch

dogbox

Guest stephanb79

gee wizz

I'm glad there is a lot of interest

Ok can't put a date on it just yet but ill make its a Sat or Sun

ill watch for a weather window to open in a 7 day forecast for a High pressure cell moving across the east coast with swell and wave conditions 1.5m or less with around 8 seconds apart wind less than 15kph

This should make it suitable for smaller vessels.

I start to look at weather trends from the 1st June, notice of the trip will be on this blog giving about 7 days notice.

as the seven day weather forecast is the most reliable.

if on the day weather is a little sour than expected, then well still make day of it, there is plenty of good fishing marks in bate bay down to National Park and in Port Hacking.

Starting at first light Dollans Bay / Wallys wharf with a return by 1pm at Mainbar spit tide depending for a get to know each other and a little bragging.

ill leave it up to each individual to choose which ramp they launch from.

I know the Commander of Marine Rescue Port Hacking, Botany and Sydney water ways ill ask for a channel to use for the day so we have clear coverage.

I also know the Manager of BCF Caringbar and Wetherill_Park ill see if they can help out in any way "no promises"

ill Be in touch

dogbox

Sounds good !!!! Would that be Becky at bcf ??? im always in the wetherill park bcf love the place