Greenwich wharf with the boys

SgtBundy

For once the boys wanted to go fishing, and they wanted to go back to Greenwich as they remembered it when we were there back in summer. Following some lessons with Krispy I got some breadcrumbs for burley and banana prawns for bait hoping for trevally. I also got some size 6 circle hooks as clearly in the past my size 2s were not doing the job.

We rocked up around 2:30, I set one boy up (the other just wanted to watch ferries) and mixed up some burley. I set out a garfish (shop bought) under a float just in case something substantial was around. After a while son one was onto something and pulled up a decent leatherjacket. A first for him (and me, still have not caught one). Some photos and kid curiosity and sent it back.

b2765bcec99c98cddb86ceb5ec0e84ca.jpg

Set him up again and about 5 minutes later he was on again, but this was giving him curry. It ran and he had trouble hanging on. Even with it under the wharf he got it up - a nice 33cm trevally.

5b4bafdccc8f3d0ec6cc98e4a272ec89.jpg

By this time I gave up on the float rig and was flicking a motor oil paddle tail around and got grabbed by a 38cm flathead. A few flicks later and got an odd hit and light resistance and brought in a foul hooked tiny snook

f0e99e03a77c75267d020bc5108a0a53.jpg

Son two by this time took an interest and I set him up as well and he was shortly onto a smaller leatherjacket.

c18d6acdd17f79ea8ac42f050377f45a.jpg

As it got colder with the sun setting the boys lost interest and wanted to go. We kept at it for a while and on the prawns I got a small bream and then an absolute horse of a yakka around 35cm that I gave to another fisho as bait.

At sunset we packed up to head home. The boys enjoyed themselves and we got some decent catches for an impromptu session.

Nice report and nice pic's Sarge. Mate this is what life's all about growing up with the boys and fishing trips together. Grab it with both hands now while there young as time goes by so fast. Brings back good memories when my two were young. Keep up the good work.

PS.Do you know Dad's are embarrassing when kids reach a certain age don't worry it doesn't last forever LOL

Thanks guys - it was good that they wanted to do this and for the most part engaged with it. They are both on the autisitic spectrum so getting them to focus or take paitence in an activity is a challenge, but now being better able to put them onto fish means it keeps them interested and wanting to do more.

Guest hawkesbass

Family time and fishing great way too spend time with your boys.

Some nice fish landed is a added bonus.