New caledonia

dsanchez1982

Heading on a cruise on wed to noumea isle of pines mare and mystery island

Now the question is has anyone been before and fished from the shore ? And is it allowed been looking for info everywhere and can't seem to find any.

Also does anyone have info on charters at any of these places besides noumea

I've done a 7 day cruise to the first two of those locations. If I'm honest the fishing would be great, though i don't know if it's frowned upon and if there would be time.

Noumea isn't where id fish as its just in port, but isle of Pines looked great for a fish. The reason I wouldn't fish though is because on the islands the local community are quite welcoming and involved (isle of Pines were at least) and it just seems inappropriate to me... Just my view though. Not saying you shouldn't. You could definitely get away with fishing in the port at noumea if it's allowed, but it's not the idealistic reef i imagine your dreaming of.

I'm from NC have fished there when was a teenager. But then moved to Europe for 16 years and now live in Aussie. I only fish NC again last christmas after nearly 20 years. Fishing spots have changed a bit but you still catch good fish in Noumea. In the pic below is a variety of Trevally (Golden or Brassy not really sure). It was caught in the Marina of Port Moselle (at the back of the market with blue roof). I casted a gulp soft plastic (prawn) just 3 meters in front of me a it was swallowed by the fish.

If you go there couple of hours before sunset at some point you will see a school of trevallies chasing bait fish and come up close to you.

post-31714-14326332063416_thumb.jpg

I've never fished outside of Noumea though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not fished either, but I did fish islands of Vanuatu blind from the shore.

I went with 20 gram raiders over the shallow inshore reefs.

If you dont know the depth and structure stick to the surface.

First cast a big trev.Also got heap of fish that look like Jacks but they were black and white

Cast out and just rip it back in, dont let it sink

Plastics could be a cheaper option, but the same applies over shallow inshore reefs

You could also try poppers but thats another story

s

Can only take a 2-4 kg 3 piece rod as that all I have that fits in with in the guidelines of what I can take on board so should be fun if I get something decent taking plastics and metals

Cheers for the tips Hopefully I get something decent and will post pics when I get back