Cooked prawn

MannY

Target: Flathead & Squid

Got a brilliant idea I'll buy cooked prawns, I can use it as bait and if tough gets going I'll eat it. Practical thinking :)

I got down south and the wind was whistling .. the water choppy and no squid, so I tried my luck to collect some prawns... no prawns except one in the middle the rocks as I was walking back. I told the prawn you're one lucky bugger cause I'm letting you live today!

A few guys were fishing, I asked and they had caught nothing. So I changed my strategic idea from flatty to perhaps breams? Now I was getting hungry, but what is opened at 3:30am in the morning? nothing close by :(

I found a spot out of the wind. Gear out and a couple beers & bait in the Esky, I was ready to fish. I started to rig up, opened a beer .. hungry, I opened the cooked prawns .. oh man they tasted good! beer and prawns are a perfect couple.

Feeling silly put on some old bread and pulled in a nice legal bream.. excited my cooked prawn resources went straight in the gabber... Every cast I looked sincerely at the cooked prawn and said "no" you're all mine! .. put on fresh prawn and sent the cast. Sadly in the hour I finished eating my 1\2kg of cooked prawn!! and couldn't test if cooked prawn is equally as good as fresh prawns.

As first light approached I reached my bag limit of breams, when I noticed a ocky. Put on a prawn.. he messed around a bit and then smashed it! First time that I've seen a ocky attack a prawn, pretty cool stuff. Pulled him in, he was huge. I didn't keep him as I don't know how to kill them properly.

I didn't get my target species, but a ocky and bag of breams was just fine indeed.

post-9118-0-85867600-1433122911_thumb.jpg

post-9118-0-96572200-1433122918_thumb.jpg

Too funny MannY. I think I'd be in the same boat as you, I can't go past a nice cooked prawn. Be nothing left for the fish if I took them along. Congrats on the catch as well, nice little haul of bream there.

• 2 weeks later...