Mosman South - 8/6/2015

SgtBundy

With the long weekend occupied by various appointments and the lawns teasing me with their neglect I got in gear to sort out the house this morning in order to head out for a crack on the arvo. As I went to go one of the boys opted to come along so I opted to go somewhere suitable for him. Cliftons was thr first port of call but it was packed so I went to try Mosman south ferry wharf instead. Got there around 2 with just some left over prawns and salted pillies to try.

Burlied up with a breadcrumb tuna oil mix hoping for trevally. Soon regretted not stocking up on breadcrumbs the way out as we ran out in short time. Some light bites were on but then I found the yakkas on the back side of the wharf but lacked the burley to fire them up and only managed one. Sent it out live and it lasted a while but no signs of it being hit before it became fillets.

On the fresh fillets we got some constant bites which soon proved to be more yakkas. I sent a second one out live just as it started into sunset.

By this time with the lack of activity and dark approaching my son was keen to get home to his twin brother but he kept at it. Next thing my 12ft surf rod which had the livie on it went flying across the wharf luckily restrained by the strap I had secured it with. I jumped to it hoping to set the hook but felt nothing and dragged in just the float and a swivel - both hooks (one in the shoulder and one in the tail) were bitten off. Damn - suspect a big tailor.

Didnt get a chance to try again as my son was getting anxious to get home so I choose to pack up.

Nice enough arvo but fairly slow fishing wise.

Oh mate, lucky you had that rod secured, it could have been an expensive trip.

I don't want to upset you, but I think it was probably a Kingy.

Edited by Ryder