What time did you say LOW TIDE was ?

Guest 4myson

Guest 4myson

Saw a strange thing this mourning after heading back from an overnight fish with my son in Gunnamatta Bay . We spotted a group of boats last night on the point of Bundeena all along the shoreline . I didn't think much of it at the time , But i was quite SHOCKED to see this on the way back ..... POOR GUY ........post-34552-0-74982300-1434267989_thumb.jpgpost-34552-0-77913000-1434268009_thumb.jpg

Poor bugger,It's not hard to do that in the Hacking especially at night.If you don't watch the tides and where your navigating this can happen to anyone quite easily.I nearly got stuck upstream in the SWA in the tinny the other day due to daydreaming while motoring taking in the beauty of the place.

Guest 4myson

Good excuse to give the mrs.

"Sorry honey, 'accidentally' got the boat caught on a sand bar, might be out for another 5 hours"

...Proceeds to fish the sand flats for flatties

The only problem with that excuse was that highest of tides which is what he needed to get off was 12 hours away !!

Yeap, saw that on sunday midday too, i also saw the blokes launch the boat from yowie bay on saturday afternoon (around 1pm) so the boat was there for 24 hours unless they relaunced then manage to beach themselves on monday? :whistling: