Sliding snell knot help.

Guest Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789

Net knots, YouTube I've looked at a lot and am struggling to master this. It's to use for live bait or fish fillets. Yakkas, calamari, poddys, slimeys etc. targeting mulloway, Kings etc from beach and rocks.

I find getting the right line for the actual snell can make it a bit easier. As long as your main line goes through the hook eye it's the main line strength that matters. So I usually just use 20 lb mono for the actual snell.

When I put the main line through I only go to about the bend in the hook if it's too far it makes it to awkward.

If your around Holsworthy PM me and drop in if you like.

Edited by welst

Guest Guest123456789

The 50 is used to snell the hook to the leader

Thanks for that. How do you snell the hook to the leader? That's what I'm struggling with.

The snell is a completely separate piece of line from your leader and really just a series of wraps around the top hook putting friction on the leader to allow sliding under tension.

There really is quite a bit on you tube and the knot sites that shows it better than words ever will. Have you used or seen one before if not maybe you should buy one in a tackle store at least you will know what your aiming for.

If you want a fixed two hook rig you can use a different knot for that.

You basically put the line through the hook eye and lay it flat against the shank and make a loop of braid ...50 is good and what you do is form a large loop towards the hook point and wrap back up the loop towards the eye until you get to the eye then lubricate and pull tight and trim ( similar to a nail knot)