Leather Jacket Scam

Ryder

http://www.scamnet.wa.gov.au/scamnet/Types_Of_Scams-Travelling_conmen-Leather_Jacket_Scam.htm

Working in a front garden today, this young Italian guy(maybe) pulls up in a No Birds rental and asks me about the area and chit chat.

Then he said he worked for an Italian fashkon house AC I think.

He said he ha been in the city showing sample jackets to David Jones ans Myer.

He had 4 left over and if I bought one I could have the other 3 for free.

He didnt want to pay for extra baggage and he was going back to Italy

Same happened to me. I just parked the car at the cooks river near the airport. Same story he was flying back to Italy and didn't want excess baggage. I'd heard about these scammers and told him I wasn't interested. He kept persisting so I told him to P##S OFF. Problem is too many gullible people out there who sadly fall victims to these grubs

Guest no one

Oh man, I'd love it if I got approached, considering I work in fashion... Id love to show him what it's really made of.

Offer him $20. He might say YES :-)

It happened to me too:

Last 3 jackets, he wants to get rid of them. I said No, I did not like them.

He then opened the boot and had 3 huge bags full of jackets, and he started to show me more ...

"Didn't you just say those were the last three one's?"

Idiot.

Edited by cameldownunder

Same happened to me. I just parked the car at the cooks river near the airport. Same story he was flying back to Italy and didn't want excess baggage. I'd heard about these scammers and told him I wasn't interested. He kept persisting so I told him to P##S OFF. Problem is too many gullible people out there who sadly fall victims to these grubs

I was at Hurlstone Park just up river.

And the rental car?. They are refining it. But the accent and babe in the woods, was Borat.

I told the client, he just laughed ' the old jacket scam, just like the stereo speakers with a twist.'

Years ago a guy I worked with bought one. These guys used to come around the car yards selling "leather jackets". He paid $200 and when he accidentally burnt it with his cigarette, he realised that it was vinyl with fake leather spray on it. Turkey!

He was a tool anyway.

Tuffy