wanda beach 28/06/15

fisholb

decided to go beach fishing with my mates steve and rohfel. havent done any since summer. steve caught a gummy last thursday so we were all hoping to land one specially myself. got to the spot around 5pm. it was packed. managed to squeeze in with the other fishos leaving around 15m each way. cast a whole pilly with star sinker. not much action. caught a banjo a salmon a bream a flatty on the first hour. all on pilly. we were using pilly squid garfish for bait. got a couple of hooks ups but the hooks came off and got bitten off. at around 630pm i hooked on something big. this thing took at least 200m on its first run. i was worried coz im only using 20lb leader 30lb main. this thing kept on running everytime i put pressure on. after 15mins i was fuc$&@ so gave the rod to steve. he fought it for another 15mins and gave the rod back to me. he was fu$&@" too. he said to me to decide to fight it still or bust it off. i decided to fight it for another 15mins then decided to locked the drag. this thing was still pulling heaps of line. cant even bust it off. steve took the rod again and fought this thing for another 15mins. by this time i was totally fuc$&@ so i asked rohfel to help steve. we noticed that the mainline had some weeds on it so three of us took turned on the rod and removed the weeds on the mainline. steve said that looks like the fish is gone coz we were gaining plenty of line quicker than before. at around 745pm we managed to see the trace. no hooks. we were all fuc$&@ and disappointed we didnt get to see this thing. i rang up my wife and asked her to pick me up coz i can hardly walk and i need help with my gear. going back to the car took forever. got home around 10pm. had a quick showet and straight to bed. woke up with sore legs arms.

thanks for reading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest no one

Eagle rays a good call for a belting first run, but to have one on for an hour? Foul hooked shark would be my call. Anything else would pretty much be dead after an hour

You must be gutted to miss that big 'un. However, top effort and teamwork. You gave yourselves every chance by the sound of it. As Scratchie said, it's that kind of situation that keeps us coming back for more. Hey, it's better than returning without a bite!

Would of been good to know what was on,maybe a bronzie?.

Tight lines

Wish we got to see it

We thought it was a big jew then a shark then a ray then I didn't care coz I was too fuc@:# lol

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

For a thing fought that hard and long, lt would have to be a super sized eagle. This is to make you feel better than telling you you just lost a meter jew lol

Thanks fighting that thing for over one hour took alot of effort from all of us it was the hardest and longest for me it was alot easier for me when I caught my first black marlin first spearfish first blue shark took about 15mins each to catch those three from the boat

Eagle rays a good call for a belting first run, but to have one on for an hour? Foul hooked shark would be my call. Anything else would pretty much be dead after an hour

Could have been a shark

That's was were hoping for

It changed direction alot

With 20lb trace we were surprised it took that long before it won its freedom

I'll make sure I'm properly geared up next time 50lb main 80lb trace Hahaha

Oh maybe I need to use the saragosa 10000

I think my Penn 760 slammer is fuc@#!

Took me awhile to remove it from the rod it was jammed on the reel seat

Was very surprised the rod didn't break with all that pressure we put on it

Agh the mystery fish! It's what makes us keep going back for more! If I had a big one on like that, I'm not giving the rod to anyone! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

With the pain that thing gave me I thought I was going to end up in hospital Hahaha

The best and hardest fight so far

Now I'm worried how bad will it be if I hook a blue marlin or a 50kg tuna

I don't think I'll last for more than 30mins hehehe

You must be gutted to miss that big 'un. However, top effort and teamwork. You gave yourselves every chance by the sound of it. As Scratchie said, it's that kind of situation that keeps us coming back for more. Hey, it's better than returning without a bite!

Thank mate

It was best thing that happened to me off the beach Hahaha

I'm still sore atm

I told myself I won't be going beach fishing again for the next six months coz of the pain I got from fighting that thing hehehe

I don't think it was a bronze. Your 20lb wouldn't have lasted. Lots of direction change makes me believe gummy. I was out a few weeks ago catching the 2nd place record and the fish had more moves than a salsa dancer.

Time for bigger rigs!! You remember the fight for a very long time :)

I don't think it was a bronze. Your 20lb wouldn't have lasted. Lots of direction change makes me believe gummy. I was out a few weeks ago catching the 2nd place record and the fish had more moves than a salsa dancer.

Time for bigger rigs!! You remember the fight for a very long time :)

Yes ill be using the right gear next time

I was doing all the dance moves while fighting this thing hahaha front back left right

My legs and my arms are still sore ATM

Lucky I had the day off yesterday

My mate Steve also still have a sore back atm

Well done on your gummy

Still waiting to catch my first one